Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Authors are advised to follow these instructions while preparing manuscripts for submission.
Manuscript should be adhered to these formatting.
- Prepared on A4 paper
- Page Margin .5’ each
- Font “Times New Roman”
- Title Font Size 16’ (Bold)
- Main Heading Font Size 14 (Bold)
- Subheading Font Size 12’ (Bold)
- Text Size 12’
- Lines should be Single spaced throughout the manuscript.
- Complete manuscript file including all connections should not exceed 10 MB or 15 page.
- No lines should be numbered throughout the manuscript.
Manuscript should be divided into the following sections:
- Title: Brief and reflecting content of manuscript
- Authors: Names with capitalized first letters separated with commas
- Corresponding Author: Email address of corresponding author
- Affiliations: Author’s Affiliations and address and country
- Abstract: Should consist of 250-350 words with no heading.
- Keywords: 5-7 key words highlighting possible search terms.
- Introduction: Should concisely present an overview of previous, latest existing information on the topic (preferably works published in the previous 10 years). Objectives of the study describing the problem and the activities carried out should be clear.
- Material and Methods: Evidently define procedures in a method to support others to comprehend and be able to redo them. If a technique has been used before and published, it will suffice to refer to the publication.
- Results and Discussion: The results and discussion should be transcribed collectively. Charts, graphs, tables, flowcharts and other graphical representations are highly encouraged. Discussion of the outcomes (or hypothetical outcomes) should be placed in context of other recent findings on the topic. Authors are encouraged to pay attention to this point of identifying the impact that has been achieved or can be expected from the outputs of the activities carried out.
- References: The Literature cited should include only the most relevant and latest literature available. It should preferably include materials published formally in journals or edited books. Citations within the manuscript text should be indicated where needed only indicate author surname followed by year of publication, e.g. (Watson, 2015).
- Funding Statement (If Applicable)
For Review articles
- Methodology and Results section will not be included.
Citation format for journal article:
In references list the citations should be formatted on following format.
For one author:
- Watson JD. Year. Paper Title. Journal Volume (issue if any): Page from-Page To
- Watson JD, and Crick F. year. Paper Title. Journal Volume (issue if any): Page from-Page To
More than two authors
- Watson JD, Crick F, and Henry P. year. Paper Title. Journal Volume (issue if any): Page from-Page To
Citation format for book
- Watson JD, Crick F. 2015. “Topic”. Chapter title. Book name. Publisher. Edition (volume if any): Page from-Page To.
Authors using Endnote and other bibliography management tools will use “Bioscience” from readymade bibliographic styles.
Please submit manuscripts as attachment (Microsoft Word File) to Editor@ijabf.com
- Authors from Developing Countries: $49
- Authors from Developed Countries: $150
Special discounts are available for registered members of GYAAF.ORG.